- A child is bullied every 7 seconds.
- 42% of students report being cyberbullied.
- 200,000 students per day miss school because of bullying.
- One in three students report being bullied.
- Both targets and aggressors are more likely to develop problems such as crime, violence, substance abuse and suicide ideation.
- Bystanders are as affected by bullying as targets and aggressors.
- Empowerment of bystanders is an effective tool in bully prevention.
- Bullying can impact both the target and the aggressor for as long 20 years.
- Bullying adversely affects academic performance.
- Contrary to popular belief, aggressors do not have low self-esteem. They are often among the most popular students in school.
- Children who are bullied may become aggressors in later life.
- Most bullying occurs out of sight or earshot of adults.
- Bully prevention programs can and DO WORK!